I. What is Tokyo
What do you think of when you hear “Tokyo?” Something kind of like Manhattan’s Times Square, right? Big flashy, colorful billboards, thousands of people usually dressed in business attire walking, unsmiling, with a purpose. But much like New York City, Tokyo is more than just its central district and is in fact a prefecture made up of 23 distinct wards.
II. Tokyo and the special wards
Tokyo is the capital of Japan and is home to the Imperial Family of Japan, as well as the famous Meiji Shrine and the Japanese government. It has a population of over 13 million people. It is divided into 23 special wards and also consists of other cities, towns and villages, as well as islands, all with their own small-scale governments, much as a city is governed. The 23 wards themselves have a population of approximately 8 million. so what do tokyo consisted by?
|Adachi , Arakawa , Itabashi , Edogawa , Ota , Katsushika , Kita , Koto , Shinagawa , Shibuya , Shinjuku , Suginami , Sumida-ku , Setagaya-ku , Taito , Chuo , Chiyoda , Toshima , Nakano , Nerima , Bunkyo-ku , Minato , Meguro|
|Akishima , Akiruno , Inagi , Ome , Kiyose , Kunitachi , Koganei , Kokubunji , Kodaira , Komae , Tachikawa , Tama , Chofu , Nishitokyo , Hachioji , Hamura , East Kurume , Higashimurayama , Higashiyamato , Hino , Fuchu , Fussa , Machida , Mitaka , Musashino , Musashimurayama|
|Okutama-machi , Hinode-cho , Mizuho-cho , Hinohara-mura|
|Tokyo offshore islands|
|Oshima Branch Office
Oshima town , village Toshima , Niijima , Kozu village,Miyake Branch Office Miyake Village , Village Mikurajima
Hachijo Branch Office
Hachijo town , village Aogashima
The most populous ward in Tokyo is Setagaya and the second most populous is Nerima. Not many people live in the center of Tokyo because of the very high land prices, but some very rich people do live there. The following lists includes the 23 wards and their approximate populations:
- ??Setagaya, population 829,624
- Nerima, population 703,005
- Ota, population 676,458
- Edogawa, population 671,937.
- Adachi, population 645,365. Home to Nishiarai Daishi, a Buddhist temple and one of the ?Three Great Temples in the Kanto region.
- Itabashi, population 531,793
- Koto, population 442,271.
- Katsushika, population 429,289
- Shinagawa, population 344,461. Headquarters of many corporations, including MOS Burger, Lawson, and Japan Airlines.
- Kita, population 332,140
- Shinjuku, population 312,418. Mix of residential and commercial areas.
- Nakano, population 311,690
- Toshima, population 267,787
- Meguro, population 259,968.
- Minato, population 217,335–home to many of the world famous manufacturing companies such as Honda, Mitsubishi, NEC, Sony and Toshiba (Note to self–not for article–a Friends school exists here!!! Quakers!!!, est. 1887)
- Shibuya, population 208,371. The fashion center of Japan.
- Arakawa, population 205,263
- Bunkyo, population 180,209–residential and educational center, home to the prestigious University of Tokyo
- Chuo, population 108,943. Mainly a business district
- Chiyoda, population 45,543. This is where the Imperial Palace is located as well as many of the Japanese government buildings and embassies.?????
Tokyo is hot place or cold place? Actually Tokyo has 4 seasons. Cold in winter, Hot in summer. The temperature information are average temperature between 1981-2010 (30 years)
This information is retrieved from Japan Meteorological Agency
Even so Many people commute to Tokyo from another prefectures around Tokyo, there are still so many people live in Tokyo. How many people are live in Tokyo?
V. Photos of Tokyo
[flagallery gid=5 name=”Gallery” skin=default_old]